Sunday, May 22, 2011

#domesticgoddess

This isn't twitter. I don't even know how to do twitter... if you can "do" twittering. But I always see people doing that tagging thing on facebook, I don't know what it means, but it looks cool, and I wanted to do it in a forum that I might be slightly less judged. Or more judged, but by people I like better.

Real point: I am a domestic goddess. I have replanted over twenty pots of various shapes and sizes with hundreds of dollars of flowers. I have made pot-de-creme (chocolate), swordfish, roasted corn-sweet potato-pepper deliciousness, and pasta. I attended a cooking class with my mother today. I bought a creme brulee burner.

If you're concerned about my well being, you probably should be.

On the more positive note, I have watched a movie every night since I got back from school. This should also be concerning, yet encouraging for all who know of my cinematic illiteracy. Don't worry, I'm reading more. Acting like myself, you know, but like myself in a house that also has a big TV.

Fortunately I will be headed back east in a week and a half, where I will once again whiff the Atlantic Ocean and identify birds as they migrate south from Canada while I wipe my hands with those fir needles that smell like Christmas as I simultaneously eat a succulent lobster without staining my preppy outfit the likes of which I have never shown any of you (you're not ready quite yet).

In other words,
I miss you guys. Hope your adventures are fruitful.


1 comment:

  1. If I haven't already seen your "preppy outfit," the possibilities frighten me.

    ReplyDelete